Protect your home.
Crime Prevention in University Areas
Protect Yourself from Break and Enters
The Waterloo Regional Police Service is offering the following tips and strategies to proactively reduce the chances of Break and Enters during the Holiday Break. Working together we can reduce crime and enhance safety.
1. Make sure to keep your doors locked even when at home.
2. Keep expensive items in a secure place or take them with you.
3. Communicate your schedules with your roommates and make an effort to lock the door each time you leave your residence.
4. Do not give out access codes for your building to anyone and do not buzz in anyone you do not know. When entering the main door ensure the door closes and refuse entry to anyone who has not used the keypad code to open the door.
5. Report any suspicious activity to the Police by either calling 519-653-7700 or 9-1-1 for emergencies.
BREAK & ENTER: Do you know this person?
Incident #: WA14270946
Publish Date: Dec 17, 2014
Incident Date: Nov 28, 2014
Location: REGINA ST N, WATERLOO, ON Canada
Waterloo Regional Police continue to investigate a number of residential break and enters in the area of Regina St. North and University Avenue in Waterloo and are appealing to the community for help in identifying the male seen in these photos. The male is described as dark skinned, 18-25 years, 5’8″ to 5’11″, black hair and beard and wears large eye glasses. In these incidents, the alleged thief entered through unlocked doors and removed property, mostly electronics. Police are reminding residents to ensure their doors are locked when not supervised.
Anyone with information about the pictured male, is asked to call
North Division at 519 650 8500 ext. 6340
or make an anonymous tip via Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.