Who Are we?
The Domus Group of Companies is a leader in providing innovative real estate investment and management solutions. Having over 15 years of experience, our areas of expertise include student housing, multi-residential, condominiums, development consulting, and asset stabilization. Our portfolio of over 1000 units across Canada includes providing exceptional customer service to over 4000 residents.
We are a love-to-have-fun team that craves growth. We focus on a giving a superior customer experience to our renter and landlord clients based on a mutual respect, transparency, and building trust.
For our student residents, we specialize in giving them the best off-campus living experience possible! We know that the 4 years of higher learning is one of life’s most memorable experiences and we support our residents as they transition from year to year.
Innovation is our jam; we welcome change and new ways of doing things.
We are currently looking for a full-time Leasing Manager based out of our head office in Waterloo, Ontario.
Our staff is an ambitious team of go-getters with a passion for enhancing the customer experience at every level. Domus is comprised of a larger HQ office with multiple site offices at various locations across Canada.
We want you to love where you work. We embrace a culture of connectivity, accountability, helpfulness, and trust. All members of our team work together to achieve our mission and vision and we like to have fun while we do it.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to enhance their customer service career in a dynamic office environment with endless opportunities to grow.
How will you do it?
You will be responsible for the team guiding students, parents, and all potential renters through available floor plans/units using virtual tours, onsite tours, and other marketing materials and promoting and explaining our completely online leasing process.
You will be heading up our leasing team made up of lease advisors and property consultants. You will be managing the property consultants to ensure targets are being met and working closely with the Marketing & Brand Manager to ensure the property consultants have the tools they need to close. You will work with the lease advisors to ensure they are meeting all deadlines and exceeding process requirements.
You will be working out of our head office in Waterloo with travel to various site offices (i.e. London) on occasion.
As manager of our leasing team, you will:
- Work closely with the Marketing & Brand Manager to create sales strategies and processes for achieving 0% vacancy, providing feedback and analysis on current marketing programs and their effectiveness
- Review daily and weekly activity reports for both the property consultant and lease advisor teams to ensure goals are being met, follow up on any current or potential obstacles, and providing analysis for upper management including providing potential resident feedback
- Complete the weekly rentals tracker and provide to upper management for review
- Track availability changes and communicate updates to team and upper management including ensuring the database and any other trackers are updated correctly
- Update landlords on a regular basis on rental status
- Coordinate and execute the complete student renewal process on an annual basis
- Coordinate and execute the Early Bird Agreement Program including set up, monitoring, and placement
- Meet with and review sales goals and achievements with sales staff on a regular basis, both in group meetings and 121
- Meet with and review administration goals and achievements with advisor staff on a regular basis, both in group meetings and 121
- Review internal practices and revising as needed in order to achieve the best results, both for staff and clients including continual update of manuals and written processes
- Assign lease packages and complete/review and approve lease packages including lease takeovers
- Write lease addendums and write/update process forms
- Write team scripts/snippets for sales/rental inquiries, lease package process, and other common inquiries coming in at any given time (i.e. COVID)
- Work with the Marketing & Brand Manager to create move-in communication including following up and scheduling all move-ins
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure current lease is in compliance with current legislation, is clearly communicated, and protects both the landlord and resident as much as possible
- Answer phone, email, and all other inquiries about available units, lease process questions, and various other front line inquiries
- Receive and process rent, parking, and other various payments
- Assist in implementing marketing and social media goals as required including posting, booths, open hours, etc.
- Organize regular mystery shop reports of various competitors to share with the Marketing & Brand Manager and upper management
- Assist with property inspections and other resident services tasks when needed including attending community/resident events when needed
- Assist with student move-ins as needed in April/May and August/September and any other mass move-ins throughout the year
- Any other duties as required (This is always changing so be flexible!)
What Are We Looking for?
What do we offer?
HOW TO APPLY?
The majority of shifts are scheduled Monday-Friday between 8:30 and 6pm, subject to some potential changes certain times of the year, including Saturdays. Additional hours may be required during peak busy times.
This is a full-time position starting immediately.
Competitive base salary plus bonuses and benefits provided.
The Domus Inc. office is only open to the public by appointment only at this time. As needed or implemented by management, employees are enabled to work from home.
Please email your cover letter & resume (PDF format only) to email@example.com. Please include LEASING MANAGER, WATERLOO in the subject line.
The Domus Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to us if needed.
Get to Know Us!
Want to join our team? Apply today
Please email your cover letter & resume (PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Job Title and location in the subject line. Or you may fill out our application form here.
Domus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to us if needed.