Who Are we?
The Domus Group of Companies is an industry leader providing innovative real estate investment and management solutions. For 17 years, the Domus team has specialized in student housing and multi-residential property management, development, condo management and asset stabilization.
We are a love-to-have-fun team that craves growth. We focus on giving a superior customer experience to our renters and investors alike.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Health & Dental Benefits program
- Mental Health Employee Assistance Program (counseling and other services free of charge)
- A dynamic, supportive and cooperative work environment-we have high goals and we want to have fun achieving them!
- Real Estate 101-if you’re interested in investing in real estate, we can teach you how
- Tuition payback program for qualifying programs
- Paid time off for community service
We are searching for a detail-oriented, organized professional that loves to build and foster great relationships with staff and clients alike. With a proactive approach, this person oversees office operations including the recruiting, hiring, compliance, employee benefits, and internal policies for the company. They are also the champion of protecting and improving the company culture we prioritize at Domus.
What’s a typical day?
- Administering employee files and updates and reviewing job postings and resumes for new positions
- Answering employee questions
- Researching rental and real estate markets to provide departments with information needed to make decisions
- Administering client files and updates, following up on signed documents, and answering client questions about contracts as needed
- Overseeing of the “front of house” operations, ensuring a welcoming-vibe and that all customers, drop-ins, or visitors are well taken care of
What will you be doing?
- Be our company culture champion by surveying employees, gathering feedback and researching best practices
- Organize and plan company employee events and initiatives including lunches, after-hour events, and charity initiatives
- Take a proactive approach and provide management with suggestions based on research for culture-positive initiatives
Recruitment, Hiring, and Terminations
- Work with department heads to create job postings, post positions, review resumes, pre-screen candidates and set-up and conduct interviews
- Write/review suggested interview questions and procedures
- Complete reference checks
- Prepare offer packages and onboard new employees
- Review internal hiring policies and procedures to support diversity and inclusion throughout the recruiting and hiring policies
- Advise on employee retention initiatives
- Consult with, advise, and navigate terminations with department heads
- Maintain an HR calendar of all staff including hiring dates, probationary and annual review dates, and benefit updates
- Maintain employee records
- Plan and administer our group insurance and benefits plan(s) and our Mental Health Employee Assistance Program including communication to and with employees, implementing changes, reviewing usage reports, and providing management with data to support decision-making as needed
- Traveling to sites to visit with employees as needed
- Ensure company compliance with health & safety regulations, AODA, Employment Standards (Ontario and British Columbia)
Process and Policies
- Write and implement internal policies including updating existing policies as needed
- Maintain follow-through and administer existing policies and processes including but not limited to vacation time, sick days, protected leaves, benefits, etc.
- Provide performance management procedures and suggestions
- Be a pillar of support for employee well-being through the tools we have at our disposal
- Field and navigate employee concerns, requests, and complaints
- Mediate employee disputes when necessary
- Advise on disciplinary procedures when necessary
- Consult with third parties for advice as needed (i.e. employment lawyer) including to ensure company liability protection
- Coordinator contract signings and administration for property management clients
- Prepare and keep files of client management contracts
- Be a liaison for clients including helping to onboard new clients
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports including gathering research as needed
- Providing senior management team with any administration support upon request
- Defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Oversight of the “front of house” operations, ensuring a welcoming-vibe and that all customers, drop-ins, or visitors are well taken care of
- Responsible for the presentation and overall organization of the front office and storage spaces
- Overseeing and managing the boardroom bookings calendar
- Manage all office inventory and supplies across departments including assisting with the preparation of budgets, approving purchases within certain limits, and maintaining the budget
- Coordinating coffee and snack bar stalking and management
- Maintaining and administering company vehicle maintenance schedules
- IT systems administrator and support coordinator including but not limited to company security systems, phone system(s), after-hours call service, and other software programs
- Other general office administrative tasks as required
This position reports directly to the ownership team.
What Are We Looking for?
HOW TO APPLY?
This in-office position is scheduled Monday-Friday between 9:00-6:00pm with the option of of a 4-day work week when scheduling permits, at the discretion of the employer. The salary covers up to 44 hours of work per week and hours will vary between 36-40 hours per week on a regular basis.
This is a full-time position. Competitive salary plus benefits provided.
The Domus Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to us if needed.
Want to join our team? Apply today
Please email your cover letter & resume (PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Job Title and location in the subject line. Or you may fill out our application form here.
Domus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to us if needed.