Who are we?
The Domus Group of Companies is an industry leader providing innovative real estate investment and management solutions. For 17 years, the Domus team has specialized in student housing and multi-residential property management, development, condo management and asset stabilization.
We are a love-to-have-fun team that craves growth. We focus on giving a superior customer experience to our renters and investors alike.
Together, with BTC Student Housing Ltd, comes an inspired project: Veda Exclusive Student Living. With four buildings on Academy Way, Kelowna and another site in Prince George, we are a full-service student accommodation community featuring studio apartments and built primarily for students and young professionals. We are not your average property management company; we focus on providing the most positive, good-vibes-only culture. We aim to be THE place for students to live while furthering their higher education and we take enjoyment and care in contributing to one of life’s most memorable experiences.
What do we offer?
What do we offer?
- Hybrid remote/in-office schedule
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start
- Competitive salary
- A predictable 9-5 schedule that does not include regularly scheduled weekends outside of peak season
- A dynamic, supportive and cooperative work environment-we have high goals and we want to have fun achieving them!
- Health & Wellness benefits program
Rentals & Community Manager @ Veda, 842 Academy Way
We are searching for an outgoing extrovert that loves to build and foster great relationships with residents and potential residents alike. This person has a knack for creating marketing content, strong customer communication skills, and either has experience with or is eager to learn the sales part!
This position reports to the Head of Student Housing-Veda.
What’s a typical day?
- Answering inquiries from excited students and young professionals about suites for rent via email and phone
- Creating and posting content on Veda social media channels
- Managing a team of VEDA ambassadors who love where they live and love to share it
- Developing and executing marketing and rental strategies for both Veda portfolios
- Working as part of a small onsite team supported by a larger cross-country team
What are we looking for?
- 4-6 years experience in student accommodations, property management, sales, or customer service positions
- 1-2 years experience managing a team
- Completion of a post-secondary educational program an asset but not a requirement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites, Google Docs, and an eagerness to work with processes and apps, like Streak, JotForm, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Google Sheets/Calendar, to make communication streamlined and organized
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence with the ability to connect with people in a positive and inspiring way
- A compassionate problem solver with negotiation capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Accountable to set and achieve deadlines independently
- Sees change as an opportunity for growth and looking to grow and move up within a team
What will you be doing?
- Develop and present the rental strategy for the student season, and deliver new marketing strategies in the event of a stagnant market
- Manage the rentals and renewal/terminations of the Kelowna portfolio of suites (typical rental season: November to March)
- Manage the PG rental portfolio to ensure occupancy is at 100% each month, including coordinating ads/marketing as needed and responding to rental inquiries in a timely manner to ensure we are meeting our monthly goals
- Answer phone and email inquiries about available suites
- Answer phone and email inquiries about maintenance requests/resident services
- Conduct suite showings & building tours with prospective residents & their parents
- Coordinate deposit collection and communicate with the leasing admin team to facilitate proper lease set-up and collection
- Follow up with leads from previous appointments and submit daily/weekly reports on sales targets
- Develop and execute the marketing strategies for Kelowna & Prince George based on statistics, trends, and market research
- Create & control the marketing budget annually for Kelowna and Prince George
- Post advertisements on various sites including Kijiji, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Design, plan & execute Kelowna and PG social media including creating or working with tenant(s) or local content creators to gather authentic photos/videos
- Hire & manage the Kelowna team of Tenant Ambassadors, including planning, scheduling, and marketing of VEDA events and coordinating monthly meetings
- Develop & coordinate community building initiatives to engage our Kelowna and PG tenants (giveaways, Tenant of the Month contests, etc.)
- Coordinate tenant and ambassador feedback to the maintenance staff or team, based on ambassador walk-throughs and/or comments at events/on social media, to create a seamless flow of information across teams, with a common goal of always improving service and efficiency
- Assist with once-per-term inspections of resident suites or other property inspections as needed
- Receive and process rent, parking, and other various payments as needed
- Turnover assistance for move outs & ins around September, January and May
- Provide support to management and the team as required and as the rentals schedule permits
- After-hours on-call rotation: on a rotation with other staff
- Other duties to assist the rest of the team as needed and help keep VEDA running smoothly
This position is scheduled Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm with a hybrid remote/in-office work schedule. The schedule is subject to some potential changes at certain times of the year such as peak busy times (mid-April/mid-May, mid-August/September).
This is a full-time position with a hybrid remote/in-office work schedule. Competitive base plus bonuses compensation package.
To apply: Please email your cover letter & resume (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include RENTALS & COMMUNITY MANAGER-VEDA KELOWNA in the subject line.
The Domus Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please reach out to us if needed.
Want to join our team? Apply today
Please email your cover letter & resume (PDF format only) to email@example.com. Please include Job Title and location in the subject line. Or you may fill out our application form here.
Domus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please reach out to us if needed.